Responsibilities of the Board of Directors
The San Joaquin Memorial High School board of directors governs the business, affairs and formal educational program of San Joaquin Memorial High School. The board’s responsibilities are grouped into six general areas:
- The board shall clarify and enunciate the mission and Catholic identity of the school;
- The board shall develop, prioritize and implement short and long-range strategic goals and plans for the school;
- The board will formulate and communicate policies for Memorial, which are in accordance with diocesan policies and regulations.
- The board shall guide the development of the school’s financial plans and annual budgets, and monitor their implementation.
- The board shall direct, review and evaluate the advancement and development activities of the school.
- The board shall participate in evaluating the school’s general performance, the president, the implementation of school policies and goals, and its own effectiveness.
Powers of the Board of Directors
- Create, promulgate and implement written policies with respect to matters affecting Memorial, its facilities and equipment, which are not reserved to the bishop by himself or in the Code of Canon Law or contrary to written policies of the Diocese of Fresno.
- Assure that the administrative officers of Memorial implement the written policies of the board and diocese.
- Oversee all fiscal matters, including, but not limited to, establishing and keeping an annual school budget and managing all fundraising and development activities of Memorial, not expressly reserved to the bishop.
- Establish and evaluate strategic and annual planning goals.
- Assist the rector, president and principal in maintaining and promoting the Catholic identity of Memorial and in preserving a close relationship with the bishop.
- Integrate the individual academic disciplines in such a way that they offer a single unified system of student formation.
October 2018 – Pending Approval