San Joaquin Memorial regards athletics as an educational activity that consciously develops and contributes to the student-athlete’s growth as a Catholic-Christian. All coaches accept the student-athlete as a unique individual, and will assist the student-athlete in developing skills the following skills:
- An ability to keep sports competition, and associated activities, in the proper Catholic-Christian perspective.
- A desire to develop and properly utilize God-given physical and mental abilities.
- A willingness to accept responsibility as an individual competitor, and as a contributing team member.
- An ability to properly control emotions during periods of stress.
- An appreciation of the efforts of others, whether they be teammates, opponents, coaches, officials or spectators (good sportsmanship).
Coaches will exemplify and model these same Catholic-Christian values. While competition is part of life, sporting environments often fail to reflect Christian values. To address this, SJM enforces a code of ethics to guide coaches and administrators who are responsible for overseeing the athletic program.
Please see the Athletic Calendar. Game dates and times are subject to change.